Hi Colin,

As per when I last checked, DIH works with SolrCloud but has it's
limitations. It was designed for the non-cloud mode and is single threaded.
It runs on whatever node you set it up on and that node might not host the
leader for the shard a document belongs to, adding an extra hop for those
documents.

SolrCloud is designed for multi-threaded indexing and I'd highly recommend
you to use SolrJ to speed up your indexing. Yes, that would involve writing
some code but it would speed things up considerably.

--
Anshum Gupta