Hi,

We are using Solrj to query our solr server, and it works great. However, it
uses the binary format wt=javabin, and now when I'm trying to get better debug
output, I notice a problem with this. The thing is, I want to include the
explain data for each search result, by adding "[explain]" as a field for the
fl parameter. And when using [explain style=nl] combined with wt=json, the
explain output is proper and valid json. However, when I use something other
than wt=json, the explain output is not proper json.

Is there any way for the explain segment to be proper, valid json, without
using wt=json? Because Solrj forces wt=javabin, without any option to change
it, as far as I can see.

And, the reason I want to explain segment in proper json format, is that I want
to turn it into a JSONObject, in order to get proper indentation for easier
reading. Because the regular output doesn't have proper indentation.

Regards
/Jimi