I still have the problem even without using the phonetic field.

For example, the following query will result in some exact name matches having
scores of 4.64, while others get 2.32. All debug info has final values of 4.64.

    &q=( ( (firstName:john~)^0.5 (firstName:john) )^4)

I expect all exact matches to score the same, as the debug response seems to
indicate they should be.

I'm not having success reproducing the issue on a small amount of exported data
indexed using post.jar. The issue still appears when I reduced the data pulled
by the DIH to only the first 1,000,000 first names, however. Could this be due
to some indexing issue with the DIH?

Thanks,
-Rick