Hi,
I am trying to do name matching using the phonetic filter factory. As part
of that I was analyzing the data using analysis screen in solr UI. If i
search for john, any documents containing john or jon should be found.

Following is my definition of the custom field that I use for indexing the
data. When I look at my solr data I dont see any similar sounding names in
my solr data, even though I have set inject="true". Is that not how it is
supposed to work?
Can someone explain how phonetic matching works?

 <fieldType name="text_phonetic" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap
="100">

     <analyzer>

        <filter class="solr.PhoneticFilterFactory" encoder="DoubleMetaphone"
inject="true" maxCodeLength="5"/>

     </analyzer>

    </fieldType>

--