Mikhail,
Thank you for the answer.
I'd be happy to contribute tons of test cases on nested structures and their
querying and faceting...
I am working on a case of moving very nested data structures to Solr (and the
other option is ES...) but so far Solr seems to be quite behind... It's great
to see that it is moving in that direction though. I am happy to provide the
use-cases (that are out of eCommerce actually) and publicly available
test-cases.

Is it correct that the patch will appear in a release version no sooner than
Solr 6.0 or even later?

Thanks,
Alisa