I would guess so also to a point. After you run out of RAM, indexing
also takes a hit. I have noticed on a 2Gb machine when the index gets
over 2Gb, my indexing rate when down from 100/s to 40/s. After
reaching 4Gb it was down to 10/s. I am trying now with a 8Gb machine
to see how far I get through my data before slowing down.