From: Ahmet Arslan [mailto:iori...@yahoo.com.INVALID]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:23 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Questions about tie parameter for dismax/edismax

Hi Jimi,

Field based scoring, where you query multiple fields (title,body,keywords etc)
with multiple query terms, is an unsolved problem.

(E)dismax is a heuristic approach to attack the problem.

Please see the javadoc of DisjunctionMaxQuery :
https://lucene.apache.org/core/6_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/search/DisjunctionMaxQuery.html

some folks try to obtain optimum parameters of edismax from training data.
Others employ learning to rank techniques ...

Ahmet

On Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:18 PM, "jimi.hulleg...@svensktnaringsliv.se"