Y, integrating Tika is non-trivial.  I think Uwe adds the dependencies with
great care by hand by carefully looking at the dependency tree in Maven and
making sure there weren't any conflicts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:38 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Integrating grobid with Tika in solr

On 5/4/2016 9:21 AM, Betsey Benagh wrote:
> I’m feeling particularly dense, because I don’t see any Tika jars in
> WEB-INF/lib:

Oops. Sorry about that, I forgot that it's all contrib.  That's my mistake, not
yours.

The Tika jars are in contrib/extraction/lib, along with a very large number of
dependencies.

It turns out that I probably have no idea what I'm talking about.  I cannot
find any version 1.12 downloads on Tika's website that are structured the same
way as what's in our contrib directory, so I have no idea how to actually do
the manual upgrade.

I seem to remember hearing about people doing a Tika upgrade manually, but I've
got no idea how they did it.

Thanks,
Shawn