Hi

We have a "product" collection and a "supplier" collection.
The "product" collection contains products information and "supplier" collection contains the product's suppliers information. We have a subsidiary page that query on "product" collection for the search. The display result include product and supplier information. This page will query the "product" collection to get the matching product records. From this query a list of the matching product's supplier id is extracted and used in a filter query against the "supplier" collection to get the necessary supplier's information.

The loading of this page is very slow, it leads to timeout at times as well. Beside looking at tweaking the codes of the page we are also looking at what tweaking can be done on solr side. Reducing the number of queries generated bythis page was one of the optionto try.

The main "product" collection is also use by our site main search page and other subsidiary pages as well. So the query load on it is substantial.
It has about 6.5 million documents and index size of 38-39 GB.
It is setup as 1 shard with 5 replicas. Each replica is on it's own server. Total of 5 servers. There are other smaller collections with similar 1 shard 5 replicas setup residing on these servers as well.

I am thinking of either
1. Index supplier information into the "product" collection.
2. Create another similar "product" collection for this page to use. This collection will have lesser product fields and will include the required supplier fields. But the number of documents in it will be the same as the main "product" collection. The index size will be smallerthough.

With either 2 options we do not need to query "supplier" collection. So there is one less query and hopefully it will improve the performance of this page.

What is the advise between the 2 options?
Any other advice or options?

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part.
This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal,
regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.