I'm planning a migration from 4.10.2 to 6.0 .
Because we generate the index on daily basis from scratch, we don't need to
migrate the index but actually only migrate the server instances.
With my team we were doing some experiments on some dev machines,
basically comparing Solr 4.10.2 and Solr 6.0 to check any functional and
performance regression in our use cases.

After setting up two installation on the same machine ( switching on and
off each version for doing comparison and experiments) we are verifying a
degradation of the performances with Solr 6.

Basically from a queryTime and throughput perspective Solr 6 is not
performing as well as Solr 4.10.2 .
Still need to start the proper investigations but this appears weird to me.
Will proceed with all the analysis of the case and a deep study of our
queries ( which anyway are mainly fq , faceting and grouping).

Any suggestion in particular to start with ? Has anyone experienced a
similar migration with similar experience ?
I will anyway explore also the mailing list in search for similar cases.

Cheers

--

Benedetti Alessandro

"Tyger, tyger burning bright