On 5/17/2016 7:00 PM, Boman wrote:
> I load the defaul config using scripts/cloud-scripts/zkcli.sh -cmd upconfig
> after which collections are created programmatically and the schema modified
> as per each collection's requirements.
>
> I now notice that it is the SAME "default" original schema that holds ALL
> the modifications (new fields). What I really want is that during collection
> creation time (using SolrJ) as follows:
>
> CollectionAdminRequest.Create createRequest = new
> CollectionAdminRequest.Create();
> createRequest.setConfigName("default-config");
>
> the new collection would "inherit" a copy of the default schema, and
> following any updates to that schema, it should remain Collection-specific.
>
> Any suggestions on how to achieve this programmatically? Thanks.

If you want a different config/schema combo for each collection, you
need to upload a different configset for every collection.  When your
collections are all using the same config, any change that you make for
one of them will affect them all (after reload).

You can't share just part of the configset -- it's a cohesive unit
covering the solrconfig.xml, the schema, and all the other files in the
configset.

Thanks,
Shawn