My first thought is that you haven’t indexed such that all values of the field
you’re grouping on are found in the same cores.

See the end of the article here: (Distributed Result Grouping Caveats)
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Result+Grouping

And the “Document Routing” section here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Shards+and+Indexing+Data+in+SolrCloud

If I’m right, you haven’t used the “amid” field as part of your doc routing
policy.