Well, theoretically you could back-port the suggester stuff, but
I'd guess it would be very, very difficult. It'd be far easier to
upgrade to, say, 4.10.

But there's a different problem there. Until, I think 5.1, the
suggester would rebuild itself on startup, and that could
take a very long time. This was true even if you had
buildOnStartup=false.

I don't have anything off the top of my head for suggester
that far back, I do know people would use spellcheck
as one form of suggester though.

Best,
Erick