Hi Erick

Thank you for pointing out the sort behaviour of numbers in a string field. I did not think of that. Will use float.

Would like to know how would you guys handle the usage of collection alias in my case. I have a 'product' collectionand Icreate a new collection'product_tmp' for this field type change and index into it. I create an alias 'product' on this new 'product_tmp' collection. IfI were to index to or delete documents from the 'product' collection, SOLR will index on and delete from 'product_tmp' collection, am I right?
That means the 'product' collection cannot be usedanymore?
Even if I were to create an alias 'product_old' on 'product' collection;issue a delete all documents or index on 'product_old', SOLR will delete or index on 'product_tmp' collection instead?

My intention is to avoid having to updatethe clients serversto point to 'product_tmp' collection.