Edismax used to default to mm=100% and not care about q.op at all

Then from 4.x it did not care about q.op if mm was set explicitly,
but if mm was not set, then q.op=OR —> mm=0%, q.op=AND —> mm=100%

And from 5.5 it seems as q.op does something even if mm is set...

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com