Hi Lee,

May be you can find useful starting point on

Please consider to contribute when you gather something working.

Ahmet

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 10:37 PM, Justin Lee <lee.justi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, yea, I looked at debug query too.  Unfortunately the output of
debug query doesn't quite do it.  For example, if you use a wildcard query,
it will simply explain the score associated with that wildcard query, not
the actual matching token.  In order words, if you search for "hour*" and
the actual matching text is "hours", debug query doesn't tell you that.
Instead, it just reports the score associated with "hour*".

The closest example I've ever found is this:

https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/05/09/update-accessing-words-around-a-positional-match-in-lucene-4/

But this kind of approach won't let me use the full power of the Solr
ecosystem.  I'd basically be back to dealing with Lucene directly, which I
think is a step backwards.  I think the right approach is to write my own
SearchComponent, using the highlighter as a starting point.  But I wanted
to make sure there wasn't a simpler way.