Why do you need the merged core? If the underlying data is changing then
obviously the merged core won't automatically update it self. And another
merge will introduce duplicate data. So this is a bad solution.

You can just keep the two cores and do a distributed search across both of
them? You can specify shards=http://localhost:8983/solr/
<http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=mergeindexes&core=core3&srcCore=sitecore_web_index&srcCore=core2>
core1,http://localhost:8983/solr/
<http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/cores?action=mergeindexes&core=core3&srcCore=sitecore_web_index&srcCore=core2>core2