Hi Renaud,

thank you for your response.

You asked for some further information:

1. Log messages at the source cluster:
As mentioned in my addendum "CDCR (Solr6.x) does not start (logfile)". I changed the log level for all Handlers to TRACE and I got three Messages for each shard caused by "Action LASTPROCESSEDVERSION sent to non-leader replica .."
For me this looks like the blocker.

2.
Replication should start even if no commit has been sent to the source cluster.
Thanks for the clarification. It helps me to understand.

3.
The empty queue seems to indicate there is an issue, and that cdcr was unable
to instantiate the replicator for the target cluster.
Just to be sure, your source cluster has 4 shards, but not replica ? If it has
replicas, can you ensure that you execute these command on the shard leader.
At the beginning I tried to replicate 4 shards with an replication factor of 3. Later on i simplified the environment by omitting the replicas. (replication factor = 1)
Do you think having no replicas could the reason for the log messages above?

Regards
Uwe