: Can you please elaborate? I am passing user defined sort field and order
whenever i search.

I think Mikhail just missunderstood your question -- he was giving an
example of how to override the default sort (which uses score) with one
that would ensure scores are not computed.

: > Is there any way to completely disable scoring in solr cloud as i am
: > always passing sort parameter whenever i search.

In general, you don't have to do anythign special.

Solr's internal code looks at the sort specified, and the fields requested
(via the fl param) to determine if/when scores need to be computed while
colleting documents.  If scores aren't needed for any reason, then that
info is passed down to the low level lucene document matching/collection
code for optimizing the collection so scores aren't computed.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/