Erick,

1. Yes both indices are optimized. They use lucene_40 version for their
solr indices.
2. I discovered a bloat on one of the index. I am trying to figure out what
might have caused the bloat. There are some schema changes on the bloated
one but I was wondering if there is way to identify some smoking guns
purely by using luke/analyzing .pos files.

Thanks,
Nitin