The thing is that back in solr4.8, when I was using solr standalone and I
had to make a distributed query among multiple shards, I found that for
each shard in the param "shards" it makes a request (which is the correct
behaviour I know) but when I put just one shard in the "shards" param then
it makes two identical requests.
So, now because I'm using SolrCloud I replaced the "shards" with
"collection" param and I was wondering if it would have the same erratic
behaviour.

Now I tried and I found that it has the correct behaviour.

Thanks, and sorry for asking before testing it.