I'm looking to create a merge strategy for a custom QParserPlugin I have. The
plugin works fine on collections with one shard. I was very surprised to see
it throw an exception when I ran it against a sharded collection. So my
question is a bit of a shot in the dark. I'll first note that the
CollapsingQParserPlugin included with Solr works as expected on my test
collection with two shards.

The NPE occurs in my DelegatingCollector's finish() method as it's setting
the next doc base. It appears I have a null LeafReaderContext. Without
knowing anything about my code, what is it about multiple shards that might
throw off a collector like this?

thanks!
v5.2.1