On 7/29/2016 4:05 PM, Bruno Mannina wrote:
> after checking my log it seems that it concerns only some html entities.
> No problem with & but I have problem with:

> “
> etc...

Those are valid *HTML* entities, but they are not valid *XML* entities.
The list of entities that are valid in XML is quite short -- there are
only five of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_XML_and_HTML_character_entity_references#Predefined_entities_in_XML

When Solr processes XML, it is only going to convert entities that are
valid for XML -- the five already mentioned.  It will fail on the other
247 entities that are only valid for HTML.

If you are seeing the problem with & (which is one of the five valid
XML entities) then we'll need the Solr version and the full error
message/stacktrace from the solr logfile.

Thanks,
Shawn