From: kalyan chakravarti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: solr user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 11:28:05 AM
Subject: Highlight component throws Nullpointer when using q.alt=*:*

Hi,
       When I am trying to use q.alt=*:* without using q= param, the
highlightComponent throws NPE.
responsebuilder.getHighlightQuery() is null in HighlightComponent.class

Here is the snippet of execption.

HTTP Status 500 - null java.lang.NullPointerException at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.HighlightComponent.process(HighlightComponent.java:77)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.component.SearchHandler.handleRequestBody(SearchHandler.java:156)
 at
org.apache.solr.handler.RequestHandlerBase.handleRequest(RequestHandlerBase.java:128)
 at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.execute(SolrCore.java:1025) at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.execute(SolrDispatchFilter.java:338)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:272)
 at

Do I need to configure anything specific for q.alt=*:*.

Regards
Kalyan