You can't rely on any searches with that autocommit configuration.

openSearcher is set to false. Therefore you will not see any changes to
your index as a result of an expiring autoCommit interval.

I'm not sure whether DIH issues its own commit when done, but your
tests so far aren't particularly dependable. I'd try again after issuing
a manual hard commit or a soft commit.

You can do this in a URL by
..../collection/update?commit=true

Here's the whole run-down on the various commit options.
https://lucidworks.com/blog/2013/08/23/understanding-transaction-logs-softcommit-and-commit-in-sorlcloud/

Best,
Erick