: > omitNorms: do I need it for full-text fields even if I don't need index-time
: > boosting? I don't want to boost text where keyword repeated several time. Is
: > my understanding correct?

if you omitNorms="true" then you not only lose index-time doc/field
boosting, but you also loose lengthNorms -- it won't matter how long a
field is, if a term occurs once in a 5 term field value it will score the
same as if it appears once in a 5000 term field value.

if you don't wnat docs to score higher when the word is repeated omitNorms
won't help you -- you'll need a custom similarity where you override the
tf() method.

: > What are memory requirements for Lucene caches warming up if I use term
: > vectors and norms?
:
: I don't believe Term Vectors are cached anywhere, other than via the OS.  I'd
: have to go dig around for norms info, or maybe someone else can chime in.

norms is one byte per doc per field.

-Hoss