Do a search. The URL will looks something like this:

   /solr/core-name/select?q=*:*&rows=0&wt=json

That will return something like this:

{"responseHeader":{"status":0,"QTime":1},"response":{"numFound":287176,"start":0,"docs":[]}}

Filter that response through this:

   jq .response.numFound

And you’ll get the number of documents in the core.

Alternatively, the info is in the admin status API.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org