On 9/21/2016 11:46 PM, Selvam wrote:
> We use SOLR 5.x in cloud mode and have huge set of fields. We now want
> to remove some 50 fields from Index/schema itself so that indexing &
> querying will be faster. Is there a way to do that without losing
> existing data on other fields? We don't want to do full re-indexing.

When you remove fields from your schema, you can continue to use Solr
with no problems even without a reindex.  But you won't see any benefit
to your query performance until you DO reindex.  Until the reindex is
done (ideally wiping the index first), all the data from the removed
fields will remain in the index and affect your query speeds.

Thanks,
Shawn