Britske wrote:

> When performing these queries I notice a big difference between qTime
> (which is mostly in the 15-30 ms range due to caching) and total time
> taken to return the response (measured through SolrJ's elapsedTime), which
> takes between 500-1600 ms.
> Documents have a lot of stored fields (more than 10.000), but at any given
> query a maximum of say 20 are returned (through fl-field ) or used (as
> part of filtering, faceting, sorting)

Hi Britske, how do you manage 10.000 field  definitions? Sorry I didn't
understand...

Guys, I am constantly seeing the same problem, athough I have just a few
small fields defined, lazyLoading is disabled, and memory is more than
enough (25Gb for SOLR, 7Gb for OS, 3Gb index).

Britske, do you see the difference with faceted queries only?

Yonik,

I am suspecting there is _bug_ with SOLR faceting so that faceted query time
(qtime) is 10-20ms and elapsed time is huge; SOLR has filterCache where Key
is 'filter'; SOLR does not have any <queryFacetResultCache> where Key is
'query' and Value is 'facets'...

Am I right?

-Fuad