Hi all,

I'm trying to install Solr to use it with Apache Ranger logs, but it seems
it can't decrypt its Kerberos key.
Indeed, when I try a curl : "curl -v -u solr:<password> --noproxy '*'
http://<solr_host>:8983/solr/ --negotiate", I get the following error :
Error 403 GSSException: Failure unspecified at GSS-API level (Mechanism
level: Invalid argument (400) - Cannot find key of appropriate type to
decrypt AP REP - AES256 CTS mode with HMAC SHA1-96)
I know that AES256 keys require Java Cryptography Extensions, and I
successfully installed it according to KeyLenghtDetector (
https://gist.github.com/jehrhardt/5167854 ), so this shouldn't be a problem.

Is there a known issue with Solr and AES256 keys ? Does anyone has an idea
about where I should look at ?
Thanks for your help,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
System Big Data engineer
MS&T - WASABI - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)