A couple of questions/suggestions
- This normally happens after leader election, when new leader gets
elected, it will force all the nodes to sync with itself.
Check logs to see when this happens, if leader was changed. If that is true
then you will have to investigate why leader change takes place.
I suspect leader goes into long enough GC pause that makes zookeeper leader
is no longer available and initiates leader election.

- What version of Solr you are using.  SOLR-8586
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-8586> introduced
IndexFingerprint check, unfortunately it was broken and hence replica would
always do full index replication. Issue is now fixed in SOLR-9310
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9310>, this should help
replicas recover faster.

- You should also increase ulog log size (default threshold is 100 docs or
10 tlogs whichever is hit first). This will again help replicas recover
faster from tlogs (of course, there would be a threshold after which
recovering from tlog would in fact take longer than copying over all the
index files from leader)