As Erick suggests, you should setup an empty 6.x environment,
create an empty collection with shards=5 replicationFactor=3
and then re-index all your content from your data source. Once that
is in, you can decommission your old cluster.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com