Chegg uses a servlet filter to collect metrics on each request and forward them
to Graphite and New Relic. We can configure that because we have hooks
into the webapp config.

This works with 4.10.4. We haven’t tried it with a later version, but it could
be a blocker for upgrading. Our SLA commitments to internal clients are
based on 95th percentile response times. We need to track those.

We could (should) contribute this, but it would still be an “edit the code”
integration for different metrics systems.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wun...@wunderwood.org