In my solrconfig.xml, I have:

  <updateRequestProcessorChain default="true">
    <processor class="solr.processor.DocExpirationUpdateProcessorFactory">
      <int name="autoDeletePeriodSeconds">30</int>
      <str name="expirationFieldName">expire_at</str>
      <null name="ttlFieldName"/>
      <null name="ttlParamName"/>
    </processor>
  </updateRequestProcessorChain>

and in my schema, I have:

  <field name="expire_at" type="date" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="false"/>

If I change it to indexed="false", will it still work? If so, is there any
benefit to having the field indexed if I'm not using it in any way except to
allow the expiration processor to remove expired documents?