Hi Ganesh,

In general it shouldn't be an issue if you execute sum queries every other
hour but you may want to share your cluster configuration (solr version,
solr cloud?, # machines, machine configuration, index size) and
load(indexing & query load) and perform some tests.

Also FYI, there is streaming/sql functionality available in latest Solr
(6.0 above) which are capable of performing these aggregations etc. in
parallel(map-reduce way).

Thanks,
Susheel