Thanks Erik. That's a great idea, and it seems like this is exactly what the
bq parameter was made for.

Now the problem I seem to be having is that Solr seems to be ignoring the bq
parameter altogether. My query looks something like:
...select?q=name:something&bq=Tier:1^100 Tier:2^75 Tier:3^50

Essentially, this should order the results, but it doesn't. It's returning
the exact same results as if the bq param was never there. However, if I
format my search like:
...select?q=name:something Tier:1^100 OR Tier:2^75 OR Tier:3^50
then I get the result I want. However, I want to utilize the bq param
instead so I don't have to append this to all of my queries.

Anyone have any ideas why my bq parameter doesn't seem to be working?