Hello,

I think part of the problem is the mis-match between what you are
highlighting on and what you are searching on.

Your query has no field specified so it must be searching a default field
field which looks like it would be _text_ since the copyField was setup to
copy everything to that field.

So you are searching against _text_ and then highlighting on content. These
two fields are also different types, one is text_en_splitting and one is
text_general, I suspect that could cause a difference in finding results vs
highlighting them.

Some things I would try...
- See what happens if your query is content:(What is lactose intolerance?)
and hl.fl = content  that way you are searching on what you are
highlighting on
- See what happens if you made content and _text_ the same type of field
(either both text_en_splitting or both text_general)
- You could make _text_ a stored field and set hl.fl =*  or hl.fl=_text_
and that should get you highlighting results from _text_  and allow you to
still use unfielded queries... normally this adds a lot of size to your
index if you are copying lots of fields to _text_ but you said it is only
content so maybe its fine

-Bryan