docValues are enabled (in the type) and with the latest schema
version, docvalues can be returned even if stored is off.

You can disable docValues or disable them returning a value unless
requested explicitly in fl param.

Regards,
   Alex.
P.s. I am not say that was a smart idea to do in the default example
schema......
----
Solr Example reading group is starting November 2016, join us at
http://j.mp/SolrERG
http://www.solr-start.com/