Hi,
I am trying to improve the performance of queries with facets. I understand
that for queries with high facet cardinality and large number results the
current facet computation algorithms can be slow as they are trying to loop
across all docs and facet values.

Does there exist an option to compute facets by just looking at the top-n
results instead of all of them or a sample of results based on some query
parameters? I couldn't find one and if it does not exist, has this come up
before? This would definitely not be a precise facet count but using
reasonable sampling algorithms we should be able to extrapolate well.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

John