Solr 5 was very early days for Streaming Expressions. Streaming Expressions
and SQL use Java 8 so development switched to the 6.0 branch five months
before the 6.0 release. So there was a very large jump in features and bug
fixes from Solr 5 to Solr 6 in Streaming Expressions.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/