Actually to be honest I realized that I only needed to trigger a data
import handler from a jar file. Previously this was done in earlier
versions via the SolrServer object. Now I am thinking if this is OK?:

String urlString1 = "http://localhost:8983/solr/";;
SolrClient solr1 = new HttpSolrClient.Builder(urlString).build();

ModifiableSolrParams params = new ModifiableSolrParams();
params.set("db","/dataimport");
params.set("command", "full-import");
System.out.println(params.toString());
QueryResponse qresponse1 = solr1.query(params);

System.out.println("response = " + qresponse1);

Output i get from this is: response =
{responseHeader={status=0,QTime=0,params={wt=javabin,version=2,db=/dataimport,command=full-import}},response={numFound=0,start=0,docs=[]}}

There is a core db which come with the examples in solr 6.3 package. It is
loaded. From web ui admin I can operate it a run the dih reindex process.

I wonder whether this could work ? What do you think? I am trying to call
DIH whilst solr is running. This code is in a separate jar file that is run
besides solr instance.

This so far is not working for me. And I wonder why? What do you think?
Should this work at all? OR perhaps someone else could help out.

Thanks anyone for any help.