On 29 November 2016 at 00:24, Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:
> Third-party integrations (Solr support in other software) tend to be
> VERY slow to upgrade.  Some of them are still shipping configs designed
> for Solr 3.x, which won't work in 5.x and later.  Some are still
> shipping configs designed for 4.x, which frequently don't work in 6.x,
> and generate warnings in 5.x.

I wonder what the root cause of it is and how much effort would it be
to change the status quo. Is that an issue of somebody very familiar
with Solr trying those products together and reporting what needs to
be fixed and why?

Or are the integrations done super-sporadically and are basically
abandoned unless somebody steps in?

I'd love a range of opinions from the downstream users/implementors.

Regards,
    Alex.
P.s. I am _presuming_ there is a value in the integrations using
latest Solr and therefore the version lag is a bad thing. Perhaps I am
wrong on that too.

----
http://www.solr-start.com/ - Resources for Solr users, new and experienced