Let's break this down:

'stmt=SELECT TextSize from main LIMIT 10' fails
This fails because CloudSolrStream does not currently support aliases. I
believe this is fixed in 6.4

'stmt=SELECT avg(TextSize) from UNCLASS' fails
This surprises me. I read through the StatsStream and don't see any reason
why an uppercase collection should fail. Under the covers the StatsStream
simply uses the CloudSolrClient to make the call. I'll need to investigate
this further.

'stmt=SELECT like_count, DocumentId from main where like_count>0' fails
Again the issue with CloudSolrStream not supporting aliases.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/