We've noticed that partial updates are not rolling back with subsequent
commits based on the same document id. Our only success in mitigating this
issue has been to issue an empty commit immediately following the rollback.
I've included an example below showing the partial updates unexpected
results. We are currently using SolrJ 4.8.1 with the default deletion policy
and auto commits disabled in the configuration. Any help would be greatly
appreciated in better understanding this scenario.

/update?commit=true (initial add)
--------------------------------
[
  {
    "id": "12345",
    "createdBy_t": "John Someone"
  }
]

/update
--------
[
  {
    "id": "12345",
    "favColors_txt": { "set": ["blue", "green"] }
  }
]

/update?rollback=true
---------------------