The problem is probably somewhere in the max allowed packet size you
have configured between your client and server. Solr has no a-priori
limit here (well, I think > 2B won't return).

What is you symptom? Often the browser will sit there blank because
it's taking forever to render. Try submitting the url with curl and
piping the output to a file. If that succeeds then it's a browser
problem.

hl.fragsize, see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Standard+Highlighter
won't return the entire field. maxAnalyzedChars will restrict
highlighting to the beginning of the doc.

Best,
Erick