Hi,

  I'm exploring a way to suggest keywords/tags based on a text snippet. I
have a fairly small set of the taxonomy of product, release, category,
type, etc. stored in an in-memory database. What I'm looking at is a tool
which will analyze a given text, suggest not only the fields associated
with taxonomy but keywords which it might feel relevant to the text. The
keywords can be leveraged as a mechanism for findability of the document.
As a newbie in this area, I'm a tad overwhelmed at different options and
struggling to find the right approach.To start with I tried GATE, but it
seems to be limited only providing taxonomy data which needs to be provided
as a flat text. Few people suggested using classifiers like Naive Bayes
classifier or other machine learning tools.

I'll appreciate if anyone can provide some direction in this regard.

Thanks,
Shamik