Hi,
I am using the basic text field in schema.xml. Here is an excerpt.

<field name="name" type="text"      index="true"  stored="true"
multiValued="false" omitNorms="true"/>

and the fieldType text is as follows:

<fieldtype name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1"
catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
words="stopwords.txt"/>
generateWordParts="1" generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldtype>

When I query:
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=p*
I get results back, but when I query as
http://localhost:8983/solr/select?q=P*

I get no results. Is there anything wrong im doing?
Thanks,
Swarag