This type of ranking behavior is what the RankQuery is designed to do. A
RankQuery allows you to inject your own TopDocs collector into the query
and take full control of the ranking. It's more complex to implement
though. Here is an example RankQuery implementation:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/ReRankQParserPlugin.java

And the base class this extends:

https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/blob/master/solr/core/src/java/org/apache/solr/search/AbstractReRankQuery.java

Joel Bernstein