Hi all,
*Scenario*
I run searches across different collections.
e.g.
we have 2 collections, 1 with a *field1* defined and 1 not.

*Use Case*
I would like to send a distributed request with a parameter that will filter
the results on field1 on the collection1 but do nothing with the
collection2.
Basically getting back :
Partial results from collection1(fq applied) and total results from
collection2 (no fq applied)

*Version*
4.10

out of the box collection2 will not be happy and raise a "field not defined"
exception.

If I was in Solr >5.1 I would have used macro expansion, passing a new
request parameter :
1) collection1 request handler would have used it to append a new filter
query
2) collection2 request handler would have discarded it doing nothing

Unfortunately in the Solr version I am , macro expansion was not there
yet.[1]
I will continue thinking on it but if you have any idea, let me know!

Cheers

[1] http://yonik.com/solr-query-parameter-substitution/

-----