On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Bryant, Michael
<michael.bry...@kcl.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm converting my legacy facets to JSON facets and am seeing much better
> performance, especially with high cardinality facet fields. However, the one
> issue I can't seem to resolve is excessive memory usage (and OOM errors) when
> trying to simulate the effect of "group.facet" to sort facets according to a
> grouping field.

Yeah, I sort of expected this... but haven't gotten around to
implementing something that takes less memory yet.
If you're faceting on A and sorting by unique(B), then memory use is
O(cardinality(A)*cardinality(B))
We can definitely do a lot better.

-Yonik